Infrastructure projects in Wannon secure a stronger future for Australia
The Budget is the next step in the Government’s responsible, long-term economic plan to build a strong, safe and prosperous future for all Australians.
Through our nationwide infrastructure programme, the Government is creating thousands of jobs, reducing travel times and boosting economic growth nationwide.
This means, overall, the Commonwealth’s investment in Victoria’s infrastructure will be $4.6 billion over 2013-14 to 2018-19.
Federal Member for Wannon, Dan Tehan today said that the funding would support much needed infrastructure projects in Wannon.
These projects will create job opportunities, boost our local economy and make our roads safer for motorists and other road users.
Mr Tehan said that the following projects in the Wannon electorate would receive a portion of the Government’s 2015?16 Budget funding:
- Investment Road and Rail Programme: $73.5 million for the Western Highway, $5.3 million for the Great Ocean Road Upgrade and $2.5 million for the Condah-Hotspur Road Upgrade;
- Roads to Recovery: Up to a total of $18.6 million to the Ararat, Central Goldfields, Corangamite, Glenelg, Pyrenees, Moyne, Southern Grampians and Warrnambool Councils; and
- Community Development Grants Programme: the final payment for $125,000 towards lighting at the Melville Oval in Hamilton.
The Government also recommitted to provide:
- $1.6 million for the Carey Road Bridge in Camperdown and $600,000 for the Ziegler Parade Bridge in Warrnambool as part of the Bridges Renewal Programme; and
- $10 million for the Grampians Peaks Trail and $1.4 million for the Port Fairy Waterfront Redevelopment as part of the National Stronger Regions Fund.
This is more good news for Wannon. The Government is building the world-class infrastructure that our community needs , Mr Tehan said.
These projects will deliver a modern transport network locally and unlock the economic capacity of Wannon.
The infrastructure package continued in the Budget is about driving economic productivity, growth and jobs for a stronger future for Australia. Further information can be found at http://investment.infrastructure.gov.au/projects/.
Media contact: Cate Mercer-Grant 03 5572 1100 or 0408 564 232